Some errors in the Norton antivirus can cause breakdown of the product. If Norton stops functioning, then malware can enter the device and cause damage. Therefore, if you want to protect the device from attacks of viruses, then you have to follow the steps for solving these issues. Norton error 8504,104 is one such error that often arises. This error arises when you have another security product present on the device or the installation process has failed when the product is upgraded to the newer version.
In order to solve Norton error 8504,104, you have to follow a few sets of steps. The process starts with removing the products of Norton. You need to run the Norton uninstaller tool. Before running the tool, you have to ensure that you remove all the Norton family that is already installed on your device.
- Once you remove the Norton products, then you should download the tool and save the file to the windows desktop. On a few browsers, it is automatically saved on the default location.
- In order to open the downloads window in your browser you have to press Ctrl+J key and after that double click on the NRnR icon.
- Further, read the license agreement and click on Agree. Then you have to click the advanced options and click remove only and then click on remove.
Finally, you click on restart now the icon. This will restart the computer. Once it restarts you will find that the Norton is completely removed. If you have any doubts in the process, then you can avail help from the experts who will guide you through the process and enable you to sort out the issue completely. Once Norton is completely removed, you have to follow the steps to reinstall it. Here are the steps that you need to follow to complete the process:
- In the first place, you have to download the installation file from the official website of the Norton.
- Further, in the next step, you run the administrator of the installed file so that the process of installation could get started.
- After the process of installation starts then you have to select the language in which you want to receive the instructions of installation.
- Once you have completed the selection of language you need to click on continue.
- Then you have to activate the Norton by entering the username and password in the given space.
- This will help you to log in the account that you have created while purchasing it, after that, you have to enter the license number of the antivirus.
- Once the installation is finished you must restart your computer so that the installation process is completed.
These steps play a very important role in the installation process and missing just a single step would lead to a problem. Whenever you find out that you are unable to follow a few instructions properly then you should contact the support. Now you will get rid of Norton error 8504, 104 easily. In case of any problem, you have to covey the problem to our team. They will listen to you carefully so that they are able to understand your problem in detail and further they are able to serve you with relevant solutions. You can also have the assurance that our Norton support team will no doubt serve you with proper solutions whenever you seek Norton help.