Gmail is considered as an inevitable part of the daily lives. It has enabled us to connect with several other parts of our lives too. Thus, it can be concluded that Gmail has become the utmost important parts of our lives and is also beyond hackers reach. Without Gmail, life is like a fish out of water. It has been the best mode of communiqué from the time it is invented and created. But you need to secure Gmail account from other online entities. For this, we have led before you some important steps to secure your Gmail account.
Unleashing the authentic two-step verification method
Google has nowadays come up with the best method of ensuring the security of your Gmail account. This two steps verification method is generally followed when you’re unable to log in. This sort of login problem generally occurs when you have a forgotten the password or your account has been hacked. At this point, Gmail password recovery is the only solution to it. Now describing the verification method, you need to know some facts and ways to secure Gmail account. During the process, they will send a login code to your linked or registered mobile number.
A strong password can ward away all hacking activities
A strong password is fundamental but a very vital step to ensure the security of your Gmail account. It is key to the security of any type of online entity. This is the main reason why some websites and web portals have their own way of setting their password. Failing to do so will result in ineffective sign-up or progressing actions.
It is better to track your Google account
Our Gmail customer service team always advises the users to have a look through their Google account regularly. Google has, in addition, has a feature of reviewing the final 10 logins. It also reviews the details like device, IP address, browser and also time. This, in turn, assists us to report any suspicious login or such activities. In this way, it also gets removed from the account. Even Google itself is so secure that it flags reports and block it immediately.
Change Gmail Security settings to Secure Gmail account
Aside from off-Gmail settings, Google has given certain security settings inside Gmail; they are as per the following.
- Empower ‘personal level indicators’ under the general tab to guarantee you just get messages you ought to really get.
- Under “Account and Import” ensure just confirmed Account are Accounted under “send email as”
- In same tab guarantee “Allow access to your Account” and “Check emails from different Accounts” ought to have confirmed email accounts as it were.
Revoke any sort of unauthorized access to secure Gmail account
- When you had offered authorization to any site or application to get to your Google account, and it might here and there; the hackers utilize this method to get to your Gmail.
- At this point, you have to visit the https://security.google.com/settings/consents
- Sign in your Gmail account, and open the connection given above. You’ll see the rundown of locales and applications that you’ve conceded access to Gmail. Snap ‘Revoke Access’ in the event that you discover something suspicious. Also, expel it rapidly.
Manage on your own if Gmail filters are not sufficient
At times, it happens that the websites you visit when you’re signed in to your Gmail account may have a tendency to extract information from your Gmail account. They have done this with the help of filters. This filter has the capacity to transfer email and data. Thus, it is extremely significant to check the account settings to delete any unwanted email filters.