Having a good email account is essential for using the internet. You need to signup virtually in all the websites to buy products online. You must create an email account automatically when you configure your AT&T internet service. AT&T users can have up to ten email accounts by using their AT&T plan. You have to set up all these accounts by ATT email outlook settings to use Microsoft Outlook because Outlook supports multiple email accounts. Outlook has a proper and comfortable place to access all your email accounts, calendars, and contacts so that you can organize all your electronic communication needs.
Steps of setting up of the problem with ATT email on Outlook
- Firstly, you must open the Microsoft outlook. If you are using Outlook 2010, then you need to click on File from the top menu bar. Further, you must choose Infor and account settings from there. Once again you have to choose ATT email outlook settings.
- If you are using Outlook 2007, then you need to click Tools on the top menu bar. After that, you have to select the account settings from the list. In case you have a problem in understanding the steps, then you have to contact ATT email customer service team.
- Next, you have to select the email tab. From there you have to click on the new button. Now, click the radio button that is present beside “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and then again click ” Next.”
- In the next step, you must check the box next to “Manually configure server settings or additional server types and again “Click on “Next.” Then choose “Internet Email.” And again, Click on “Next.”
- For making further changes in the ATT email outlook settings you have to enter your name and email address in the “User Information” fields. Now you can to “Server Information”. Here you have to choose “POP” from the drop-down box and type “pop.att.yahoo.com” into the “Incoming Mail Server” field.
- You must input “smtp.att.yahoo.com” in the “Outgoing Mail Server” space. Further, you have to again enter your user name and password into the “Log on Information” fields. This log in information you make use to access your webmail. So, you have to check the box to remember your password and then click the “More Settings” button. In case you need help in the process contact ATT email support team. The experts of the team will serve you with relevant help in the process.
- Further, you have to select the “Outgoing Server” tab. You must check the box next to “My outgoing server (SMTP) which requires authentication.” Then you have to click the radio button beside “Use same settings as an incoming mail server.” So, now you have to choose the “Advanced” tab and check the box which is present beside the “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) link.” You must ensure that the field number automatically changes to “995.” If it doesn’t change then the field number to “995” then that indicates some issues in the process of making changes in ATT email outlook settings.
- In the final step, you must change the “SMTP” field to the number and then select “465” and “SSL” from the drop-down box after that click “OK.” You have to click the “Test Settings” button to ensure that the process continues. Finally, click “Next” and then “Finish.” That will end the steps of set up.
So, if you follow all these steps accurately then you can easily set up ATT email account in MS outlook. You have to just ensure that all the required ATT email outlook settings are done properly for making the setup process successful.